sábado

I finished 'Tiger, Tiger'. It took some guts.

"At two in the afternoon, when he would come and pick me up and take me for rides; at five, when I would read to him, head on his chest; in the despair at seven p.m., when he would hold me and rub my belly for an hour; in the despair again at nine p.m., when we would go for a night ride, down to the Royal Cliffs Diner in Englewood Cliffs where I would buy a cup of coffee with precisely seven sugars and a lot of cream. We were friends, soul mates and lovers.

I was seven. He was fifty-one."

Pic: Julia Fullerton Batten

Here you have a good review of the book.




2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Wow I didn't know about this book! It looks it's really beautifully written for the piece you've posted and what they say on the NY Mag review, but still, like you said, it gotta take some guts to read something like this. It looks interesting but also quite disgusting... I guess I might read it someday 'cause it's such an effort from the author to write her experiences.

Oh and the pic is really beautiful too, and I think it totally embodies the mood of the story.

xx

Beatrix Kiddo disse...

it is, like you said, beautifully written. When she's not describing some details, you find yourself reading a beautiful love story (like lolita, everytime you forget about the real issue, because it's so well written also). Sometimes I got really nervous reading it, but couldn't stop and loved it, the book stayed with me after reading.